Sunday, September 11, 2011

Dinner Day 5, Bo Innovation, HKG

Day 5 dinner, Bo Innovation

A warm night, we sat on the terrace and enjoyed a glass of champers to start.

Trio of tomato, miso cod  all good then first hurdle on the fois gras.

Then we were dished up what J & I affectionately call "fart in a glass".  If you've ever been served Century Egg or Hundred-year egg in a Chinese restaurant you'll know what I'm talking about. Usually hard-boiled & grey looking, Bo Inn took the molecular approach & served century egg as a liquid poured over dry ice so that it become bubbles of gas... I doubt I now have to explain our name for it.

Then came the main part of the meal. Jamie chose the eye fillet of Wagyu beef with some black truffle which he says was delightful. I had a tougher time choosing between langoustine, pigeon, or prawn. The maitre'd highly recommended the prawn, as apparently it was the dish that got them onto the S. Pelligrino Best Restaurant list. Sure, I said confidently! Okay not so sure when it arrived, raw, and a fake head of cocktail sauce & fish roe. Not so much the taste (ok, but v fishy) it was the texture that freaked me out. There were only 3 but by the third one I was gulping water and I still feel queasy just writing about it! 

Overall a great experience and no regrets, but I will ask "how is that cooked?" in future! 

Til next time
J & J
xox

2 comments:

  1. Fish and oysters ONLY are consumed raw :-)

    Raw prawn = fish bait... (sorry)

    ReplyDelete