Monday, September 12, 2011

Day 6-10, Hong Kong - Port Douglas


 
After checking out of MetroPark & dropping the bags to the city bag drop (why can't Melb have a city check-in where they take your bags to the airport for you?), we headed off to Yin Yang, a private kitchen restaurant where the emphasis is on home-style cooking. Just what I needed to settle my funny tummy.  Imagine my horror then when we got there to be told "no sorry you did not confirm yesterday of your booking". WTF? I'm on holidays & don't check my emails everyday!  "Okay" he says, "see what I can do". 

So we were served a very restricted set menu with water. Some water broccoli, some truffled scrambled egg & a clay pot mushroom & eel dish which was very bony but tasty.  Great lunch but I am disappointed as I saw other tables being served crispy duck & rice, etc. :(

Time came to fly south to Port Douglas for the start of the "relaxing" part of the holiday. There's nothing better than sharing a bottle (or three) of bubbly with friends (thx Sarah) at the Tin Shed overlooking the inlet as the sun dips below the mountains.

The next few days were spent sleeping in, then walking along Four Mile Beach with a coffee for brekkie, having a bite to eat for lunch, a dip in the pool in the afternoon followed by the usual "where should we go for dinner" conversation.

Next we sail out to the reef to see tropical fish & turtles! Stay tuned!

Julie & Jamie xox

1 comment: