Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Hong Kong, Days 1-2



After almost being denied entry into Hong Kong (again!) we dropped our bags at our hotel & set off for some unbelievable yum-cha.  Ahhh some things never change.

The restorative powers of yum-cha are not to be sniffed at, or rushed, so after a leisurely lunch & watching the passing parade, we couldn't help but stop off & purchase the necessities. For me, that means make-up, skin care, clothes & most importantly SHOES, and for Jamie, gadgets, shirts, and BBQ Sausage Mong Kok style flavored chips. I know.

Dinner on day 1 was at the Michelin-starred Morton's of Chicago. You wouldn't expect a steakhouse to be so popular in HKG, right? But Morton's is in the Sheraton & I guess they get a lot of Americans staying there.  Whatever, because I chose the filet mignon, which was the tenderest piece of meat I've eaten in a long time.  Such a great evening, only slightly off put by the fact that Morton's is one of THE destinations for special birthday dinners, with the staff singing "Happy Birthday" six times while we were there, and that's on a Monday night!!

Day two was slightly more low-key, with us not getting moving until 11am, brunch followed by more shopping, and a refreshing dip in our rooftop pool. Tonight we are dining at Zuma at The Landmark Oriental hotel.  Supposed to be a top class Japanese restaurant, and the way my tummy's grumbling, I just hope service is up to speed!

Photos will follow on Facebook in the near future! Til next time

Julie & Jamie
xox

1 comment:

  1. S H U T U P!!! :-)

    Shoes again really don't you have enough...read I am so bloody jealous; tell me nothing about them I want to be surprised. Tell Jamie I love chips!!

    Nothing much happening here but the usual mind reading 14 people and property do what the fuck they want.

    Ab Fab are coming back to do 3 new shows apparently, thought you might want to know.

    Have an awesome time ( I know you already are). Miss you lots.
    Me xoxxo

    ReplyDelete